Yeah, you read that right… Keto Mutha-Effin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Oh yeah, and they’re good!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 oz sugar free chocolate bar/chips (see note below)
LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
- Preheat your oven to 355º and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Melt your butter in the microwave, but just get it to the melting point, you don’t want is über hot.
- With your hand mixer on low, mix together the monk fruit sweetener and the butter until it is well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract then mix them in, around 30 seconds.
- Now put in the almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt and mix it all together into a dough with your mixer on low.
- Now, set your mixer aside and use a silicone spatula to gather all the dough into one mass, then mix in the chips/chunks (see note below) with your spatula.
- Make 12 equal sized balls and place them on the cookie sheet (the dough can get a little sticky).
- Set your time at 10 minutes and check the cookies, mine took about 15 to get to where I really wanted them.
- Let them cool awhile on the cookie sheet. They will be very soft, at first, and will firm up with a bit of time. Store them in an airtight container.
Nutrition Deets: 181 calories, 17.2g fat, 1.7g net carbs, 3.8g protein
Note: So, my grocery store didn’t have sugar-free chocolate chips, so I found a 3 oz package of Hershey’s sugar-free mini chocolate bars for something like $2.90. When I got home, I checked Amazon and sugar free chips are REALLY expensive. So, get them if you want, but chopping up the package of Hershey bars worked really well, each mini bar chopped into 12-15 clean chunks and provided plenty of chocolate for the recipe.