Pickled onions kinda rock. These are tangy and sweet and add a great flavor and bite to foods like the Chili-Lime Chicken Tacos I posted about yesterday. Enough rambling though, lets make some tasty onions!
- 1 good sized red onion, slice it thin
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbl honey (measuring honey is hard, use your judgement)
- 3 tsp fine sea salt
- some red pepper flakes (if you want some heat)
- Okie-dokie, grab a quart jar, or something like it, and shove all the onions in it.
- Wipe the tears from your eyes and put all the other ingredients into a saucepan of the appropriate size. Bring it all to a simmer.
- Pour the warm liquid concoction into the jar of onions, shove them down into the brine (I used a pickle weight to hold them down).
- Let it cool, they’re ready to go in about 30 minutes, or so.