He’s not heavy, he’s my brother on keto… Because of this, he doesn’t get to eat bread, his favorite thing next to sugary snacks.
By now, you’ve probably realized I’m talking about myself. I love bread. I miss bread. So, I poked around the various recipes and created this one from the ones I found. It doesn’t add any overpowering flavors to burgers or sandwiches and it holds together really well.
Go, eat your (fake) bread with joy!
Okay, this is an easy one, but here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbs butter
- Dried parsley
- Any other toppings you want (I used freeze dried onion flakes)
- Okay ramblers, let’s get ramblin’. First thing, preheat the oven to 400 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Okay, once that is done, put all the mozzarella and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and melt it in the microwave. I went in 30 second increments, stirring between each. It took about a minute and a half to get a nice ball of cheesy goodness.
- Now crack those eggs in there and mix it all together.
- Add in the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix it all together until it is combined and makes a sticky, doughy ball.
- Wet your hands (trust me) and break the dough up into 6 equal parts, each about the size of a tennis ball. Flatten each one and put it on the prepared cookie sheet. NOTE: They tend to spread out a bit, so space them evenly.
- Melt the butter in the microwave (preferably in a vessel of some sort) and brush it on the rolls. Then sprinkle on the parsley and any other toppings you may want.
- Bake for 12 – 16 minutes, or until the tops start to brown a bit.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting and store in a ziplock in the fridge for a few days (I’ve generally eaten them before they’ve gone bad, so I’m not sure how long).