You know what really sucks about not having any bread? Lack of pizza. There are some variations of pizza out there for keto called “fathead” pizza, that uses a crust made of baked cheese. It’s good, but really heavy. Lou Malnati’s has a “crustless” pizza, with a sausage crust, but it’s expensive and I don’t like their sauce.
So, this is my attempt, it’s pretty darn good and really easy.
What to buy/find:
- 1 1/2 lbs Italian sausage (I got a combo of hot & mild)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce (low-carb canned or homemade)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (or more, if you’re so inclined)
- Toppings of choice
- Okiedokie folks, let’s make some pizza. preheat your oven to 450º and grab a 1/2 sheet pan or a cake pan. Spread the sausage evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, oregano and parmesan over the sausage and put it in the oven for 15 minutes or so until cooked to at least 160º.
- Switch the oven to broil and move the rack up toward the top.
- Put on the pizza sauce, mozzarella and toppings. In this case I used onions, polish sausage (I forgot to but pepperoni) and chopped jalapeño.
- Broil the pizza until the cheese is melted and the topping are hot/cooked.
Relish the pizza goodness.