So, some friends turned me on to Nando’s medium Peri Peri sauce and Trader Joe’s Green Dragon sauce. Let me tell you, they are both darn tasty. I decided they would be great additions to deviled eggs.
Prepare yourself for awesomeness.
What You’ll need:
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2/3 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Nando’s Medium Peri Peri Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Trader Joe’s Green Dragon Hot Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- Smoked Paprika
Let’s do it…
- Hard boil your eggs, if you don’t know how to do this, you’re in trouble and should probably call your mom, or something.
- Cut the eggs in half and divide the yolks into two bowls.
- Put 1/3 cup of mayo in each bowl.
- Put the Peri Peri sauce in one bowl, the Green Dragon in the other
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt in each bowl.
- Mix each bowl up with a fork, breaking up the yolks.
- Using a pastry bag, or a spoon, put the mixture back into the egg halves.
- sprinkle a little paprika on top of each egg.
That’s it. These break down to the following macros:
Peri Peri Deviled Egg (each half): 81 calories, 7.3g fat, 3.1g protein, .3g carbohydrates
Green Dragon Deviled Egg (each half): 80 calories, 7.3g fat, 3.1g protein, .2g carbohydrates.