I saw some stuffed poblanos in the butcher cabinet and decided this was something I needed to make. Here is my tasty attempt.
Okay, get thee to the store and buy this stuff:
- 3 – 4 slices bacon, diced and cooked (I use thick cut)
- 8 oz chorizo sausage
- 1 cup yellow onion, small dice
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, divided (I used a Mexican blend)
- 1 egg
- 2 poblano peppers, cut in half, seeds and partition thingys removed
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with foil (trust me, it helps with cleanup)
- I wanted my bacon crispy in the mix, so I diced it up and cooked it over medium-high heat, then dropped the bits on paper towels to drain off the fat, and to let them cool for a few.
- In a mixing bowl, put about half the cheese, the chorizo, the onion, the egg and the bacon bits in and mix it all up. It’s okay to use your hands, so long as you washed them you filthy animal!
- Fill each of the poblano halves with the mixture, and place on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over each pepper.
- Cook until the mixture gets to 160º. In my counter-top oven, it took about 20 minutes.
Hope you enjoy it. The monkey has judged these to be delicious!